Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fried Egg on Toast

I had the amazing opportunity to live in London and Australia after I graduated from UT. One of the staple eats I picked up in Oz, was fried eggs on toasts with tomatoes. It is probably the easiest thing in the world to make, but always seems to satisfy. I would make it as a snack, breakfast, or late night dinner. I happened to have the workings to the perfect fried egg on toast, and decided I must relive my days overseas. I put a tab of butter in my frying pan, and cracked two eggs. I personally don't like really runny fried eggs, so I like the edges get a bit crispy, and the yolk semi-solid. I put two pieces of Whole Wheat bread in my toaster, and cut about a eight grape tomatoes in halves. Then I pulled out an avocado and sliced it for that creamy softness I so desired with my buttery egg. I placed the egg on the toast, cracked some salt and pepper, stacked on my avocado slices, and let my tomatoes roll over the mountainous dish. With the slightly liquid yolk, the bread becomes softer and the pop of tomato and cool avocado delight my senses. It is one of my favorite anytime meals, and I hope you incorporate it into your kitchen successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment