Friday, February 5, 2010

Tempting Tapas

This week I met two of my favorite brides-to-be at Malaga for happy hour on 2nd Street in Austin. I am in my friend Lauren's wedding and wanted to hear all updates, and hadn't seen my friend Jessica since she got engaged. They shared engagement stories, family craziness, hotel info, and more. It was so good to be with them, and see how different their weddings will be. Malaga is one of my favorite places for happy hour b/c of two things. 1)They have the Barton Springs martini. A refreshing powerful concoction that will make any hump day better. 2)They have a drink and tapa combo for $8. Ah-mazing deal. We ordered our drinks, and decided on tapas. I got the meatballs, Lauren got the Artichoke and Spinach dip, and Jessica chose the olives. The plates came on their tapa tower and we dove in. The olives were marinated which definitely gave them a different, smokey flavor. The dip was creamy, and the meatballs good but not as flavorful as the last time I had them. None the less, it was tasty and after our cocktails we order some vino. Their Tempranillo was delish! A great way to hear all things bridal and visit with two fantastic ladies. Apparently on Wednesday nights they have Flamenco dancers, which were fabulous but pretty loud. Go if you're up for some flavor and soul from Espana.

Malaga Tapas & Bar



No comments:

Post a Comment