Friday, June 25, 2010

Blue Dahlia, back again

One of my favorite things as an eater is trying new restaurants, or ones I've never been to. On the opposite side of that statement, when you find something that works, it becomes part of your eating "you are here" map. A staple. One of those places in Austin, is Blue Dahlia. I would have to say it's about 50% atmosphere, 50% food. You think weekend lunch, you think Blue Dahlia. See here for more of this welcoming tasty place. As stated before, my dear friend Casey was on her way to new career beginnings up East. She, my mom and I headed to Blue Dahlia for a leisurely lunch. I began with a latte which is served in a cup the size of a soup bowl. Delish. We each chose a Tartine (open faced sandwich) for our meals. Mom chose the Ham with gruyere cheese & Dijon mustard, Casey chose the Tuna with basil, capers and sun dried tomatoes, and I chose the Chicken salad with nuts and dried cranberries. I think Mom won eaters prize for this one. It not only felt like a European picnic choice, but was tasty. Both mine and Casey were good, but not my favorite tartine I've had. We finished with lemonade and Bread Pudding with butter rum sauce. Get the Bread Pudding now. So moist, so guilty pleasure, so buttery. An excellent way to end our light lunch. Head over to E. 11th. enjoy the spot and scenery of the streets.

Blue Dahlia Bistro
Twitter: @bluedahliaATX







No comments:

Post a Comment