Friday, June 11, 2010

Ay Guid Food!

One of the hidden food finds in Austin happens to be Dog & Duck Pub. This near campus, patio lined, dark interior pub has been an Austin institution for years. I met my dear friend Ryan for drinks one night to enjoy the almost summer night. We each grabbed our pups and headed down the street. We ordered a few rounds of beers, Stella I do believe, and I got an order of Scotch Eggs. If you're not aware of the heaven that is a Scotch Egg, this is not my first blogger's rodeo with the dish. It's one of my favorites. It feels like you're taking a bite into Scottish history with the fried sausage and rustic hard-boiled egg. Dog & Duck met all my expectations. A different take than I've had before was a bit of Orange marmalade on the side. Delicious. The perfect fruity kick to balance the egg. Be sure to check out Dog & Duck's daily menus. Grab a patio seat, or hide-away inside. Definitely a place to put on your eating rounds.

Dog & Duck Pub
Twitter: @Dogandduckpub

No comments:

Post a Comment