Monday, December 28, 2009

Crab Heaven

About a month ago, I headed to Truluck's in Austin to eat with a girlfriend's parents and friends. I must explain something to you right away, I love crab. When I say love, I don't mean oh yeah that's something I enjoy. I am utterly delighted by the sound, taste, and sweetness the little creature delivers. I will order a menu item simply b/c it includes crab. I have been known to have been a bit stern with a poor waitress when crab claws were no longer a specialty menu item. I've also possibly been known to order crab legs at Hooter's. Yes, it is true. To sum up, I love crab. Going along with this culinary obession, I was elated to dive into the seafood wonderment of Truluck's. To my delight we accidently indulged in the Seafood Tower. This literal mountain of seafood ectasy was overwhelming for all. Our only complaint, the dry ice which cascaded over the feast, didn't last long enough. As if it couldn't get any better, my main course was indeed crab claws. It was as if I'd never been in a restaurant before, my eyes widened, my smile grew, and my stomach shouted with glee. It was true love. Enjoy the sights I had below, and be sure to stop in Truluck's Austin locations for the seasonal all you can eat Stone Crab on Monday nights. Fabulous, simply fabulous.

Truluck's
Twitter: @Trulucks



No comments:

Post a Comment