Monday, December 28, 2009

Shrimp, Grits & Apple Pie

If you've been to New Orleans, or anywhere in the south, you know Shrimp & Grits. It is a dish that satisfies your hunger like no other. I have not had amazing Shrimp & Grits since Desire Oyster Bar on Bourbon St in NOLA. Let me tell you a little something, I've found the second best thing to it. Get yourself to The Woodland on South Congress in Austin. You will be kissing the chef once you're through. The combonation of spices, sauce, and of course shrimp and grits is incredible. I don't think I've ever said "oh wow", and "oh my gosh" so many times in one little sitting. It will make all your daily troubles disappear. If that isn't enough, order yourself a slice of homemade apple pie with vanilla ice cream. It's like a warm blanket of goodness wrapped in a hug of love. So so so good. Take a friend, loved one, or even someone you don't know. You'll be friends by the end of this rendezvous for sure.

The Woodland
Twitter: @woodlandaustin





Desire Oyster Bar New Orleans

Friends at Desire Oyster Bar in NOLA

No comments:

Post a Comment