Thursday, January 28, 2010

Brother's Birthday Bash

When it came time to celebrate my younger brother's birthday, we decided to celebrate with a feast at Truluck's. Yes, it does so happen that I've made my love for crab known, and that I've already talked about this seafood mecca. Think of it as bonus for your eyes and belly. Plus my dear friend Mike gave me a gift certificate, so it was icing on my brother's 22nd year old birthday cake. As honoray guest, he kicked off the celbracion by picking a bottle of red, and we chatted about life while nibbling on the sweet bread and butter. One of the best deals in town may be Truluck's Date Night menu. Every night, for $35 you and your "date" each choose a soup or salad, entree, and then split a dessert. Pretty dang good! I decided on the Wedge Salad, which I love there. It is piled high with blue cheese dressing and bacon. How can you go wrong. I then ordered the ultimate, my most favorite yet, the King Crab. I couldn't stop smiling. I couldn't stop eating. It was pure joy. The legs come cracked and ready to dip in warm garlic butter. Need I say more? H-E-A-V-E-N. My Mom decided on the Ceasar Salad which was served with real anchovies, and shaved Parmesan. She decided on the Stuffed Trout with Grits that happened to be delicious. My brother went with a bowl of Gumbo, which could clear out any sinus problems you have, and the Texas Striped Bass Pontchartrain. All courses were HUGE and absolutely fantastic. To conclue our "date" night menu, my Mom and I chose the Key Lime Pie. One of my favorite desserts of all time. It was ginormous and exquistily tart. Our incredible waitress brought our a chocolate roll cake with a candle for my brother. Although it may be pricey, it certainly is one of the best spots in town for excellent seafood. Grab a drink, or a full on feast whenever you or someone you love deserves the best.

Truluck's
Twitter: @Trulucks









No comments:

Post a Comment