Monday, January 18, 2010

Whole Lotta Muffaletta

Well it seems New Orleans was once again on the mind this weekend, as well as being in South Austin. If you happen to drive down William Cannon and spot the strip mall by the towering Gold's Gym, you may miss the tightly placed Cypress Grill. Let me tell you, turn around, park your car, and open the doors to even more Cajun cuisine. This place has been here several years, and spits out tasty Cajun dishes every time. They have Abita, a full bar, and nightly music. My family and I go there almost every other time we get together, and my brother once worked there. This last visit, we had Muffalettas and salad. A quarter Muffaletta will fill up a lunch hunger like no other. The meat is greasy and good, and the olive tapenade is fantastic. The bread seals it all together with softness and crunch. Be sure to try their gumbo, it's some of the best in town. After a weekend of Cajun I may want to eat a ton of veggies, but I'll never regret a minute of it!

Cypress Grill



No comments:

Post a Comment