Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Veggie Delight

I don't claim to be a great cook, but I like dabbling in my tiny kitchen (no joke, a mouse would feel crammed). For dinner last night, I decided to make a stuffed red bell pepper. I've done this a million times, and wanted something healthy to the max. I pre-heated the oven to 400, sauteed celery, onions, garlic, carrots, and mushrooms (stems and all) with a dash of salt & pepper. I cut the top off the red bell pepper, and drizzled with olive oil and salt inside and out. I stuffed the veggie heaven into the red bell pepper, and popped it into the over for 15 min. The smell of garlic and onions made my tiny home fill with the timeless aroma of goodness. I got out my bowl and filled the bottom with black beans, a perfect compliment to the veggie delight. I topped it off with a glass of Pinot Grigio, and dove in. Fantastic as always. I added a bit of sour cream to pull it all together. Great, easy, healthy way to get your veggie on. Fills you up more than you'd think!



No comments:

Post a Comment