Monday, January 4, 2010

Here Piggy Piggy

My dear friend Mike made roasted squash the other night with dinner, and I had the pleasure of eating it. He inspired me as I wandered the produce aisles looking for my next meal. I decided on roasted acorn squash with brown sugar and butter, mustard crusted pork chop, steamed green greens, and sauteed apples with brown sugar and butter. This was all topped off with a bottle of vino on sale. Luckily my little neigborhood grocery (Fresh Plus) allowed me to get in and out quickly and inexpensively. My center cut pork chop was a mere $2.00! I nearly skipped home anticipating the sound of sizzle. I pre-heated the oven to 375, and got to work on slathering my chop with ground spicy mustard with horseradish. I steamed my green beans, sauteed my apples, and popped the squash in the oven for about 20 min. I must say, the best part of the dish were the apples. I used Gala, which I've always adored. They were perfectly tender with hint of tart. The rest was delsih, and I of course cleaned my plate. An easy meal for one, or two if you care to cook for someone you adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment