Friday, January 15, 2010

Cousins Cooking

Last night my wonderful and amazing cousin Paige came over for a much needed catch up, bottle of wine, and dinner. We munched on goodies and opened the wine immediately. As the talks of life and what's happening in it began, I started cooking. I made the "dish" a few nights before and thought, let's have it again. I rolled tiny meatballs from the Jimmy Dean sausage with Sage (yes, one package of it goes a long way) and cooked them in a bit of olive oil. I chopped up onions, garlic, carrots, red bell peppers, and mushrooms. After I flipped the meatballs, I threw everything is the pan to saute. After I was satisfied with their sauteing, I poured in some red wine, a dash of cayenne pepper, and capers. The other night I added oregano, but forgot it last night. I boiled some water, salted it, and threw in some whole wheat angel hair pasta. Once the pasta was ready, I mixed it with the goodness already cooked and topped with grated Parmesan cheese. My dear sweet cousin brought over lettuce and and a tomato for salad. I squeezed the juice from a lemon and whisked in olive oil for a quick dressing. A dash of salt and pepper, and we were on the way to dining destiny. We sat down in my living room, ate to our heart's content, drank and enjoyed the evening. It is always a pleasure to have someone so fantastic to share a meal with, hope you can try this one out with someone you love. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. most delicious! better than any wedding meal i have ever had. actually.

    ReplyDelete